Hello everyone! Final exam just around the corner guys.
Seriously I have to catch up so many things because my exams date just close
between them. Alright! Here I am to let you know which mock teaching was the
best for me.
I would
like to choose Danita mock teaching which is she choose Algebraic expression
topic in mathematics. I love how she ask us to read those difficult words which
is ‘betty botter bought some butter’. When she ask us to read that, at the same
time actually she’s already start control the class. We automatically listen to
her and focus on her teaching.
I love how
she create an activity where she gave us few cards which have equation and
start to match up the card with classmates and stick the answer at the
cardboard on the whiteboard. During the class activity, she actually help us
and show us the right path to combine it. She show us example then we have to
do it by ourselves. Trust me, it was fun because everyone like rushing combine
the card and paste the answer on the whiteboard.
The way
she give instruction to us was really clear and we can understand what exactly
she ask us to do. I love how she manage her time as well. She’s not wasting
time explaining the same thing as she give small activity in the middle of the
slides. Her voice projection was good also, and we can see actually she is
quite a strict teacher.
What I
learn from her is do not be nervous, manage your time perfectly and do have
some fun activity to make students move here and there instead of sitting on
the chair for the whole period.
That’s all from me. Thank you. J

Hi Umi. I have read trough your scribble. You mentioned that a teacher should have some fun activities that makes students move here and there right? If you are going to do this in your future, how will you control the class? Because when you have such activities which makes the students to move from their seats will cause the students to be very proactive and of course the students will make noise. If you faced this problem, how are you going to handle it?
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Hi Sathis. Thank you for read my blog. Oh I love when my class make some noise but not useless noise. Noise that busy talking about education and busy talking about the topic that im teaching. Alright, move here and there is not like everyone move at the same time. I would like to call like this row or this column to come out and do something. I believe i can handle this kind of situation if i allowed row by row come out. It wont harm other students because they are doing an activity and that activity actually help them to understand more what they are learning. :)
DeleteThank you sathis.
Hi Umi, I have read you reflection 7. I like the way you explained everything on Danitah's mock teaching. I do agree with you. I also like the part she turn tongue twister to an algebra equation. Hope all of us succeed in teaching world with the talent we have.
ReplyDeleteHi Kiran. Thank you for giving your feedback. Oh yes. Im glad that we love how she has done her mock teaching. That tongue twister is something that I never expected at all. I love how she comes out with such kind of idea btw. Nice to see you here. :)
Delete