My experience while preparing MOCK TEACHING
Oh hey
everyone! How are you guys? I hope you guys do fine and yes examination just
around the corner right? I hope you guys can manage your time study well and
strive for the best. Well I am here to tell a story about my experience before
my mock teaching. Jeng.. Jeng.. Jeng..
One week
before my mock teaching, I have no idea what topic I should choose for mock
teaching. Seriously after saw my classmates done their mock teaching, my nervous just getting to the high level. They have done a very good job. I never imagine I can do better than them even actually I should not downgrading myself. But seriously my classmates just awesome! Alright back to my experience, I start searching some topics and finally I found topic for my mock
teaching which is pie chart in topic statistic. I start create lesson plan and
find some sources to add on in my lesson plan for complete it.
On
Wednesday finally I realize that I cannot continue with my subtopic for mock
teaching. I choose pie chart which is I have to teach my students to draw a
circle, identify on drawing the sector by using geometric set. If I choose this
topic, I should have those tools to teach my students. Not a small one but the
bigger geometric set. Unfortunately I could not get those tools and I decided
to change my subtopic to mean, mode and median. Which it just use calculator to
calculate the answer and did not need any special tools for it. I immediately
change my lesson plan and also create a new slide for mock teaching. Trust me, it
was hectic! I cannot believe that I have to change it in last minute. Well
procrastination is seriously not good for your health. Hehe :P
My mock teaching on Friday which is just me and
Siva. I am the last one who supposed to do my mock teaching. Frankly speaking,
either first or last, this two give me goosebumps. I have two presentation on
the same day which is the first one is for Social entrepreneurship which at
10.30 am. Tell me how I am going to handle this freakiness on the same day
where I have two big presentation. Seriously it was a torture for me as I have
to prepare both presentation and I have no idea which one should I remember
first.
Finally finish my first presentation, OMG my
time is coming! After Siva finished her mock teaching, I was totally blur and I
never expect it is my day! I have to become a teacher and teach my students. I
have to start it now! Prepare everything and yeah, here I am doing my mock
teaching.
Hi Umi,
ReplyDeleteEven though you choose the topic in last minute, you have did a great job by giving a successful mock teaching. I really understand what you teach but you are a strict teacher to me. Ha.Ha... I hope that you will continue this in your future. All the best for your final...Do well
Hi Siva ! Hahaha. Im glad you like my mock teaching. I always want to be a strict teacher but still I want to create a warm relationship with my students. Thank you for nice words siva. Hope to see you again soon here! Thank you siva, all the best to you too.
Delete