Hello everyone! I am sorry for not updating my blog lately due to lot of assignment need to settle up. Finally here I am to give my next reflection on about
what did I discover last week.
For the
most part that I discover last week is about how to use power point in teaching
and learning process. As a teacher in this 21st century, using power
point as teaching aid is major important to attract students attention and
create new environment or experience for students. Normally teacher using notes
and whiteboard but nowadays teacher should use power point as their teaching
aid to make their teaching more productive and systematic following the lesson
plan that has been planned. The main advantage is flexibility, both in terms of
the content of the presentation and the way in which the information is
displayed.
What I have
learn on how to create power point, where we should use less words and more
images to express the information. We should not put lengthy of words just to describe
one certain thing. Especially in mathematics, we should put more images and put
formulas that should been use in certain calculations. In addition, use white
or black background instead of colourful or background that have design that
could minimize our space for words. Do not use more types of fonts which could
give us difficulty to choose and remembering which one we should use. In terms
of transition, use swipe from left to right or right to left. I also identify
where we should use real image as gifs or visual graphic especially to
secondary school. Use images that could relate to the students interest where
they can remember more effective and they can understand the topic itself.
I believe we should use examples that shows
Malaysians, where it will be close to students culture. For instance if we want
to create activity, we should write the instruction because students could not
remember every details that we told them. So it is better we write it in the
slide and they can take a look on it if they are not understand. Learning
objectives and learning outcomes should be put in the slides as well to ensure
that teacher and students could achieve the goals in learning outcomes.
Here you go. Will come back later for next reflection ! See you guys later !



Hi Ummi. I must say, your blog is 'WOW'. Btw, what is the effect for students if we put so many wordings in our slide ? Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHi Fatin! Thank you for your 'WOW' compliment. :)
DeleteOh i believe when you put so much words in the slides, it will give students uncomfortable view and they could not focus on which point should be the highlighted. It is almost same when you give an article to your students. I guess it is enough if you just come out with point including an image for best example for students. students nowadays will be attracted with image than hundreds of words. This is the way we want to attract our students to keep focus during in the class.
Thank you :)
Hi umi, As you stated in your reflection that nowadays teacher should use power point slide rite, my question here was if the school don't have teaching aids such as projector, internet connection to teach, so other than that what can a teacher use?
ReplyDeleteHi Siva. Nice to see you here. Oh if in that case, I would like to suggest if the teacher can comes out with mahjong paper, or maybe print out the notes for them. It could help them to see the clear picture for the topic that we discussing on. I understand there are some schools that not provide projector, internet at all. We still have chance to teach them, there is no excuse in teaching and learning process. :)
DeleteThank you.